If you've recently had Kisi access shared with you but do not already have a Kisi account, here’s what you need to do:
- Open the email invite that granted you access with Kisi. It should read “Access to [name of place] granted”.
- Click on the button which says "Sign Up."
- The button will take you to the profile creation page. Put in your first and last name, and create a password for your account.
- Once you've created your profile, you will need to confirm your email. Kisi will send you an email asking to confirm your email. Click the "Confirm Email Address" button.
- Once that is done, download the Kisi app on your mobile device.
- For Android users: go to the Google Play store and search for ‘Kisi’. You should see an icon of a black circle with a black "K" in the middle.
- For iPhones users: go to the App Store and search for ‘Kisi’. You should see an icon of a black circle with a black "K" in the middle.
- Download the application and open.
- Sign in to the Kisi app with your new credentials and you should be prompted to enable your settings. Follow the prompts and you place(s) will appear when you're done.
Step 2 – Unlocking your Door with Kisi
No keys available?
- iOS Devices
- Android Devices
Step 3 – Using Kisi with the Readers
For offices with Readers, you have the additional option to open your doors by tapping your phone on the Kisi Reader. You may need to adjust some settings on your phone to enable this feature.
- For Android devices:
- Enable NFC
- Enable location services
- Phone screen is unlocked (some newer models do not need to be unlocked or the screen doesn't even have to be active)
- For iOS devices:
- Must be on iOS version 12.0 or later
- Enable Bluetooth in Kisi app
- Enable Bluetooth sharing in iPhone settings under the Kisi app
- Enable location services to "Always"
Android NFC troubleshooting
Please be aware of the fact that some Android phones NFC modules can work in several modes.
The Kisi App supports only HCE mode.